Children's Relief International

Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves, for the rights of all who are destitute. speak up and judge fairly defend the rights of the poor and needy. Proverbs 31:8-9

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Puja and Mumpy



     The village is 2 stops away when you are taking the train.  I can't remember the name of the village  but what I do remember are these two precious little girls, Puja and Mumpy.  It is in this village of refugee's that Smriti has a weekly Sunday School for the children who live here.

    Their mother is a refugee from Bangladesh.  A sex worker in the day time in the city, looking and waiting for the next looker to service to earn a small wage to buy food and pay rent.  Puja 8 yrs., and Mumpy 6 yrs., has never attended school, so they do not know how to read or count or their ABC's. Their mother more than likely never attended school either so she doesn't know the importance of having an education to allow her to escape the pit of having to work the trade in the red light district. 

    My good friend and mentor Lois has for many years made these precious little dolls to give to children who are the poorest of the poor.  My friend Lois, prays over each and every doll, that the Lord will bless this child for eternity purposes.  Puja and Mumpy both treasured their gift when it was given, their smiles were priceless!  I walked into their home, a room with nothing in it but a bowl of food that the cat was eating that had been left on the floor for them to eat while their mother was working.
The landlord of the room begged us to take the children, the neighbors begged us to take the girls, no one wanted the girls to stay and have to be looked after.  They are not bad girls who get into trouble, they just need looking after and fed. No family there has enough for their own children.

  My heart was so saddened by this situation.  Their precious pure ears heard these words of rejection spoken in their presence. Their ears and hearts were subject to hearing that their mother doesn't want them and neither do those around them.  The girls just hung their heads in shame and loneliness. 



  But those little dolls that they are holding... you see them?  These little dolls were prayed over to a Great and Awesome God to bless those that would receive them!  Because of people who support me and Children's Relief International, these two precious children of God will be going to boarding school.  There they will learn their numbers and ABC's, and all of the things they are dreaming of plus they will know it was Jesus, and the prayers of my friend and other's like you that their lives will be forever changed.

  When God sent me to India the call seemed so overwhelming to me because of the darkness of the sex trade.  My mission was to come and minister for the sake of "even just for one."  But our God is so good and so big, He blessed me with two today, Puja and Mumby.  My life will be forever changed because of these two little one's.


    The village life is really where my heart is.  I love the children of the villages, they are so innocent and sweet.  Always full of smiles and shy at the same time.  My playful spirit draws them in with games of our eyes and smiles.  I love my work.  Thank you for being part of it and going with me into these dark remote places for Jesus.

For His Glory,
Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment